When I was a kid, I loved Shirley Temples. It was the only drink I ordered on the rare occasions my parents took me to actual restaurants with bars that made them. I was a little obsessed, and I low-key still am.
But I’m an adult now, which means I can finally have alcoholic Shirley Temples. Then I realized – Shirley Temple Jell-O shots! It’s a combination of so many wonderful things, so nothing could possibly go wrong. These aren’t your college Jell-O shots. These are classy and perfect for parties or girls nights.Grab these ingredients, which will make about 10 Jell-O shots:
- 6 oz. chilled cherry vodka (60 proof)
- 2 oz. chilled water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 oz. chilled lemon lime soda
- 1 oz. chilled grenadine
- One 3 oz. package of cherry gelatin
- One 1 oz. package of unflavored gelatin
- Vegetable oil
- Small plastic cups, approx. size of a shot glass
Then it’s time to get going! Jell-O shots can be an exact science because you need to accurately measure your ingredients in order for your shots to set properly.
1. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil on a paper towel and coat the inside of your plastic cups
2. Mix your chilled vodka, water, grenadine and soda in one bowl and keep in the fridge until cold
3. Boil 1/2 cup of water
4. Combine 1 oz. package of unflavored gelatin with 2 oz. (yes, only 2 of your 3 oz. package) in a bowl
5. Combine gelatin with boiling water and stir until powder is completely dissolved
6. Slowly pour in cold mixture and continue to mix
7. Pour mixture into shot cups, about 1/3 full and put in the fridge for about four hours to completely set
8. Once shots have set, turn them over and gently squeeze the sides to release from the cup (don’t force it) They should be solid enough to pick up and move easily from here. I know Shirley Temples sound girly, but trust me, adding alcohol takes out any of the girliness. Offer these up at a party and everyone will love them!