Lately, I’ve been a little obsessed with Ikat prints. If you’re not familiar, ikat is a pattern inspired by a dying technique that uses a resist dying process on yarn or fabric fibers. The really cool thing about Ikat is that it isn’t just one pattern. Rather, it’s a type of dying technique that creates types of pattern.
Here are a few of my favorite ikat inspirations this week:
1 | Ikat pad printed bowls by West Elm
2 | Painted ikat dresser by Design Sponge
3 | DIY ikat curtains by Classy Clutter
4 | Ikat-inspired nail art by Did My Nails
5 | Colorful ikat painting by Bigger Than the Three of Us
Here’s a little ombre inspiration to kick start your weekend! So many great ideas out there waiting to be made.
1 | Ombre pendant lights by Design Love Fest
2 | Ombre grapefruit cocktails by Handmade Mood
3 | Ombre bar cart by Paper & Stitch
4 | Ombre journals by Damask Love
5 | Pink ombre pancakes by I am Baker
Lots of fun ideas out there to try! Have a great weekend everyone!
This week’s Inspiration from around the Web is dedicated to the fact that Andrew moves in in TWO WEEKS! Looking forward to lots of redecorating (and so much more).
1. I love patterned accent walls like this one on Apartment Therapy. I’ve wanted to make an accent wall in our hallway – thinking about a herringbone pattern in light and dark grey.
2. Really digging this metallic diamond pillow cover from West Elm, and I bet I could make it with a little fabric, paint and better sewing skills.
3. These DIY hanging planters from A Beautiful Mess are perfect for small spaces like mine. Looking forward to finding hard-to-kill plants to hang in them.
4. This IKEA bookcase on rollers from Living Well, Spending Less is a cute DIY for upgrading an office space, and it just so happens I have the same one attached to my desk.
5. We want to paint the walls in the kitchen and living areas light grey, and I’m really digging the grey Behr paint in this dining room on Knight Moves.
We all pull inspiration from others, whether it’s from blogs, Pinterest, our friends or even strangers on the street. So here are a few pieces that are sparking my inspiration this week:
1. This Feline Cozy Pillow from ModCloth that I vow to sew if I ever bring home a sewing machine.
2. This SFO Wall Art from Nordstrom would fit into my city wall decor perfectly. With the right photo, I bet I could DIY this!
3. Hello, Gorgeous’s professional fashion is really inspiring when I’m trying to plan outfits for my new job!
4. I’ve been wanting to make a paint chip calendar like this one from Maple & Magnolia.
5. Eventually I’ll do a water marbling project, and I really loved this photo marbling with nail polish project by A Beautiful Mess.